Our partner, PDFlib GmbH from Munich, released a new maintenance version of its PDFlib, PDFlib+PDI, and PDFlib Personalization Server (PPS) product family. A new version of the PDFlib Block Plugin for use with PPS is also available. Based on your active support contract you can update to PDFlib 9.2 for free.
Please download new packages at www.pdflib.com/download/pdflib-product-family
Further information and application possibilities of the PDFLib products:
- PDFlib PLOP – PDF linearization, optimization and protection
If you have any further questions about migrating from alternative PDF solutions to PDFlib, please feel free to send us an email.
PDFlib 9.2.0 maintenance release
- new language binding for .NET Core
- PDF/UA-1 implementation aligned to latest recommendations and validators
- improved import of Tagged PDF pages
- new options for modifying the color of raster images
- improved color controls for non-sRGB colors in SVG
- PDF/X-4/5 convenience features for handling conflicts with identical CMYK profiles
- improved PDF/VT encapsulation of Form XObjects for better RIP performance
- optimized subsetting of TrueType fonts significantly reduces output file size, especially for fonts with a large number of unused glyphs
- identification of deprecated API functions at compile-time for C, C++, .NET, Java or at run-time for Perl and PHP (see PDFlib Migration Guide)
- updated and extended the sample applications in the PDFlib Cookbook
- reduced memory requirements for PDFlib Mini Edition (ME) for embedded systems
The full list of changes can be found in the change log which is included in all packages, and is also available on the download page.
The PDFlib Block Plugin has been updated to version 5.20. It includes various bug fixes and improvements in the user interface.