- PDF2ID converts every page in a PDF, Illustrator or XPS file to an equivalent page in the resulting InDesign document. PDF2ID recreates the intended layout of the document by forming paragraphs; applying styles; regrouping independent graphic elements; extracting images; creating tables; recovering annotations and other elements automatically.
- PDF2ID also provides options for converting or extracting data from a range of pages in a PDF, Illustrator or XPS document. You can extract text or images, or convert the entire document to the InDesign format.
- PDF2ID enables recovery and reuse of the contents stored in PDF and XPS files making them available for use by anyone. Since PDF2ID is a plug-in for Adobe InDesign it is not necessary to acquire and install additional PDF or XPS editing and re-purposing tools, resulting in huge cost savings in both time and expense.
“PDF2ID has been an invaluable tool for many of Our customers in getting PDFs converted to editable InDesign files; With InDesign CC support, PDF2ID provides better performance than ever before…” Chris Kitchener, Product Manager, Adobe® InDesign
- Batch Convert PDFs to InDesign type – Simply target a folder and batch convert hundreds of thousands of PDFs to InDesign type resulting in a highly automated PDF to InDesign conversion solution.
- Convert PDFs to IDML format – PDF2ID Enterprise converts PDFs directly to the IDML format; allowing for the converted output to be utilized in environments that require optimally formatted XML documents.
- Hot/Watch folder specification – Define Any number of “hot/watch” folders triggering an automatic conversion of PDFs in the “hot/watch” folder streamlining and automating the workflow process.
- Notification options – PDF2ID Enterprise has in-built notification options to convey the conversion results.
- Server level performance – Conversion server controls allow fine-tuning the performance of PDF2ID Enterprise.
This post is also available in: German