PitStop Pro does PDF quality control better
- Save time by automatically Preflighting PDF files based on a profile
- Find errors on the spot by checking the well-documented Preflight report in case of errors
- Increase your productivity by fixing the most common errors automatically
According to our customers:
- More than half of the PDF files received contain errors that would cause a misprint
- The most common errors have not changed in 15 years
- PDF Preflight is the tool to find and fix these errors
The 10 most common errors in PDF files, and how PitStop Pro fixes them
Low resolution images
For print output, the image resolution needs to be higher than for viewing a PDF on a screen. Otherwise you will see jagged edges and artifacts in the image.
PitStop Pro detects low resolution images in PDF files and gives you a warning.
Unintended RGB images in PDF files can cause unexpected results after processing. The images can be of low quality, the final printed color can be incorrect and there may even be a color shift.
PitStop Pro checks PDF files for RGB objects and automatically converts them to CMYK if you want it to.
If a file that contains images or content that extend to the edge of the page, and it contains no or not enough bleed, white borders can appear after cutting the sheets.
PitStop Pro checks PDF files for missing bleed.
New in PitStop Pro 13 PitStop Pro can also automatically add bleed to a PDF file.
This post is also available in: German